Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Spirited Away Blu-ray

Spirited Away in all it's Blu-ray glory.

Finally. Seriously. Spirited Away introduced me to the world of Studio Ghibli and Hayao Miyazaki. It probably made me realize movies are made around the world. I'm pretty sure the younger me thought all movies came from the USA. Beautiful animation and storytelling make Spirited Away one of my favorite movies of all time. Music by Joe Hisaishi raises the emotional level to an all-time high.

Chihiro on the spine.

The wait has been long, but totally worth it. It was obvious early on that Disney was saving Spirited Away for the final wave of releases. Maintaining interest throughout each wave over the past few years was smart, and this was a case of saving the best for last. I'm assuming Only Yesterday and My Neighbor the Yamadas will not have a Blu-ray release here. Disney could release those titles, but I'm not counting on it.

Disney's half art Blu-ray disc.

The Blu-ray and DVD have disc art. Disney Movie Rewards members can get an extra 100 points for entering both Spirited Away and The Cat Returns codes during the first week. I highly recommend both titles, even thought I just picked up Spirited Away. Check out my unboxing & review video below for more. Enjoy! :)