Friday, May 15, 2015

Alien Blu-ray with Ripley Poster

Slipcover & Blu-ray case | VSCOcam

I finally added Alien to my Blu-ray collection. It could've been a bit sooner, but there have always been a few things juggled in deciding. Ultimately just kept me in limbo all this time. Saw a new wave of Fox titles with slipcovers at Wal-Mart this week. Alien was among plenty of mostly action and drama titles that had this new artwork. The big draw for these is the slipcover and matching poster.

Alien sports Ripley prominently on the cover, which isn't common from any of the previous Alien Blu-ray releases. The 35th Anniversary version does feature Ripley on the cover. The poster is nice, even with the fold lines. Questionable poster dimension though -- 11 1/2 by 17 inches. That 11 1/2 is straight up weird. Could've been 11x17 for the sake of convenience. 

The price is nice at $8. I would still like to add the 35th Anniversary if I could find mint packaging of it in a store. Check out my video review below for more on this Alien Blu-ray release. Enjoy!


Prominent Ripley. Prominent Photoshop | VSCOcam