Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Independence Day 20th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray


I'm not sure what sparked my interest with this Independence Day release. I've sort of been waiting for a Steelbook, to be honest. However, the latest Blu-ray release celebrates the 20th anniversary, has cover art, and came with movie cash to see Independence Day: Resurgence in theaters. That's a pretty sweet combination of things for $9.96 (Wal-Mart price).

I haven't seen Independence Day on Blu-ray prior to this, but I'm rather impressed with what I'm seeing in terms of video quality. The audio sounds great. Is this the same existing Blu-ray with new disc art? Probably not since the ID4: Resurgence trailer is included. The cover art and disc art step it up a notch from what I've seen in previous releases in terms of packaging.

The Digital HD is good for iTunes or Ultraviolet. Pick one only. Movie cash, if included with your copy, is redeemed through Fandango. Check out my video below for more on this Blu-ray release. Enjoy! :)

$7.50 towards Independence Day: Resurgence in theaters

Welcome to Earth! ;D