Wednesday, August 31, 2016

First Impression | Field Notes Sweet Tooth

Field Notes Sweet Tooth | VSCO

I admit I was kind of skeptical at first sight when looking at the Sweet Tooth book pack by Field Notes. Bright colors aren't really my thing. I was having a grand time using the Shenandoah pack. My first thought writing in Sweet Tooth gave me a laugh. It seriously reminded me of writing on a paper bag. I'm not sure if thats a good of bad thing yet, but it's been okay so far. My first Sweet Notes book is the "tangy orange" color. I think black ink looks great in this one. I'm also doodling big words on pages since this is plain paper book.

The perforated pages features is quite nice, especially since every page is perforated. I doubt I'll be tearing pages out, but it's the thought that counts. It doesn't feel like the pages will tear off easily, so that's a good thing. Last thing I want for my chronological notes is a page to come loose. I'm loving the black-colored staples used for this edition.

Courtney likes the metallic foil used for text on the front and back cover. The cover text certainly grabs my attention when it shines bright. Practical applications listed for this edition are quite funny, especially #7. It's a cute edition, but I can see myself enjoying it even more if the pages were plain white. I'll breeze through these 3 books in hopes of Field Notes bringing an amazing autumn limited edition.

Field Notes Sweet Tooth | VSCO

Field Notes Sweet Tooth | VSCO