Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Starbucks Chile Mocha

Starbucks Chile Mocha | VSCO

I felt the urge to try out the new Chile Mocha at Starbucks after finishing up my morning errands today. The preview to order it over the weekend was so tempting, but we were at SacAnime + there was a current Star Dash to be completed. Let's fast forward back to today and take a look at this mocha.

The flavor is such a step away from the usual mocha and white chocolate mocha. It has that seasonal flavor that makes me go "ah yes, it's September" in my mind. I think the flavor is more geared towards cinnamon than it is cayenne chile, but that little kick of spice is certainly there. Flavor aside, the presentation of whip cream and topping is super cute. I love the look of it without the lid. Excuse my weedy grass photo below -- that's what I have to work with when I step outside my local Starbucks.

Towards the bottom of the cup is all that sludgy goodness of spice. The spice will totally ramp up your tastes buds. It really makes me think about autumn leaves and reminds me that the best time of year is just around the corner.  Of course you can mix the mocha if you let it sit around a bit, but pop the lid off as you get close to empty, and you'll see this flavorful sludge with hints of orange floating around.

Starbucks Chile Mocha | VSCO

Is this a mocha worth trying? The venti is $5.25, and I say give it a shot. I'm always one to pay the difference to take a grande up to a venti. Just feels worth it, especially if I'm with Courtney, but she isn't with me to try out this drink today. This will very likely be revisited this weekend so we can get the other half's opinion on this mocha. :)

Starbucks Chile Mocha | VSCO