Sunday, August 14, 2016

Starbucks Ethiopia Mocca Java

Starbucks Ethiopia Mocca Java

I'm in one of the lucky areas that offered Ethiopia Mocca Java over the past few months. This coffee trickled out slowly at Starbucks locations near me.  Some locations still sell it here, which is why I decided to write a little something about it. I remember seeing this brown bag near the cashier, and was like "ooooooh limited offering coffee sold here?" in a non-typical Starbucks bag? I'm interested.

Ethiopia Mocca Java description from bag...

Inspired by a legendary recipe from the ancient port of Mocha - where the coffee trade began - we paired sun-dried Ethiopian beans with coffee from Java to re-create a beloved blend with a rich history. Bold with distinctive dark-chocolate notes and a ripe-berry sweetness, every sip brings the mystique surrounding coffee's origin to life in your cup. 

The one flavor I'm able to pick out is the berry sweetness. Chocolate isn't as prominent to the berry flavor to me, but it was there while I swished the coffee around my mouth. I love this coffee hot and iced. Not sure if this is recommended iced, but I certainly enjoyed it. This coffee comes double-bagged, which is neat because I like to save coffee bags for no apparent reason. I also like handwriting the coffee name on bags if the bag is blank.

Starbucks Ethiopia Mocca Java

While medium roasts are more my thing, this coffee has helped continue my recent appreciation for dark roasts. I don't dislike it dark roasts, I just find myself half-n-halfing dark coffee to the point of it looking blonde afterwards (slight exaggeration). This is the first non-Reserve coffee that I've bought multiple bags of. It's $10 for this 8.8oz bag. That's a steal to me considering the limited availability of the coffee and it's amazing flavor. I would give this the honors of being coffee of the summer, but something else took it's spot during my trip to Seattle. :)